Statement of Faith
Woodside Baptist Church is an independent Baptist church. It is not part of any organization of churches, convention, or fellowship. The leadership and members of the church believe that it is their responsibility to operate the church as God leads, and to support the doctrines that He has established in His Word. Only Bible doctrines, as set forth in the Statement of Faith, will be subscribed to by WBS, and will not be subject to review by parents of students who are not members of the church. If any parent objects to the Bible doctrines of WBC as expressed in the Statement of Faith he should reconsider enrollment of his children in this school. It must be remembered that involvement at WBS is a privilege and not a right.
The doctrinal position of WBS is the same as set forth in the Constitution of WBC. The following is a summary:
- The Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was virgin born, lived a sinless life, died for our sins, rose physically from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return again in power and glory.
- Jesus is the great High Priest and makes intercession for us before God.
- All men are sinners by nature and are at enmity with God; therefore, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential to their salvation.
- Men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and are saved by grace through faith.
- Every born-again person should declare his faith by the act of baptism.
- The Holy Spirit convicts of sin; makes believers children of God through the new birth, assuring them of heaven; and by His indwelling, enables Christians to lead Godly lives.