A little about ourselves
We, members and leaders of the college-career class, desire together, as a part of our larger church family at Woodside, to love, pray and encourage each other; that we may build up ourselves in our "most holy faith" (Jude 20) through "patience and comfort of the Scriptures", and the various gifts we possess as supplied by God's Spirit, that we always "might have hope" (Romans 15:4).
CURRENT TEACHING SERIES
1) Tuesday, August 30th, 3:30PM Food Bank Community Outreach (set-up at 11:30AM and 2:00PM, clean-up at 5:30PM) See Pastor Jono and Esther Von if you can assist! "come when you can, leave when you must". YOU CAN ALSO RECEIVE FOODS in a discreet manner (serving is expected).
* Help with: sorting grocery items onto tables, spreading tarp cover to protect carpeted floor (Sunday night before Tues), setup of tables according to plan, distributing food to attendees, delivering boxes of food to attendees vehicles, general assistance with sorting/organizing, crushing boxes and removing rubbish to trash-bin outside; cleanup: folding and sorting tables, removing more rubbish to trash-bin outside; vacuum and general tidying-up.
2) Saturday, Sept 3rd, time to be announced, AM Departure, Class hike, Devil's Head Lookout; INVITE AND BRING FRIENDS!
Also, bring plenty of water, a lunch and/or snacks; be ready for a moderate 3+ mile hike (round trip); location subject to change, also subject to weather; please contact us in advance
3) Thursday-Saturday, September 15-17, Rocky Mountain Prayer Advance (while the event is for married and single men, ladies are asked to help serve behind the scenes) There is a cost for the men to attend, and help is still needed for both ladies and gentlemen to serve "behind the scenes"! See Pastor Scott and Cheryl Manney for details!
4) Thursday, September 22nd, noon "Keenagers'" Luncheon (complimentary luncheon for elders in the community and our church family, set-up begins at 10AM) ...see Cheryl Sims if you can assist her and her team Thursday! (Cheryl requests you RSVP yourself, even if coming as a volunteer worker, so she can adequately prepare food enough for elders AND workers).
* Help with: tables + chairs (Weds night before), table-setting, food-service and food-preparation, table-waiting, clean-up: tables + chairs, dishwashing, sweeping/vacuuming, removing rubbish to trash-bin outside; helping elders who may need assistance to their cars; valet their vehicles, whatever is necessary :-)
Contact Pastor Troy & Teresa Self