A little about ourselves
We, members and leaders of the college-career class, desire together, as a part of our larger church family at Woodside, to love, pray and encourage each other; that we may build up ourselves in our "most holy faith" (Jude 20) through "patience and comfort of the Scriptures", and the various gifts we possess as supplied by God's Spirit, that we always "might have hope" (Romans 15:4).
CURRENT TEACHING SERIES
1) Saturday, May 21, 9AM All-church work day, buildings and grounds of Woodside. From power-tools to flower-planting, touch-up paint to high-window dusting, we're rollin' up our sleeves to beautify the property, enjoy rich fellowship, maybe learn a few things, and hopefully provide to the community a proper view of our God through stewardship of the building and grounds He has entrusted to us!
2) Sunday, May 22, noon: Lunch with Pastor and Karen Scott; place TBD; also, first Sunday with our 2nd ministry intern, Andrew Sikma. Please give him a "Warm Woodside Welcome"!
3) Tuesday, May 24, 3PM FoodBank Community Outreach (set-up at 9:30AM and 1:00PM, clean-up at 5:30PM) ...see Pastor Jono and Esther Von if you can assist! "come when you can, leave when you must". YOU CAN ALSO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE in a discreet manner (serving is expected).
* Help with: sorting grocery items onto tables, spreading tarp covering to protect carpeted floor, setup of tables according to plan, crushing boxes and removing rubbish to trash-bin outside; cleanup: folding and sorting tables, removing more rubbish to trash-bin outside; vacuum and general tidying-up.
4) Thursday, May 26, noon "Keenagers'" Luncheon (complimentary luncheon for elders in the community and our church family, set-up begins at 10AM) ...see Cheryl Sims if you can assist her and her team Thursday! (Cheryl requests you RSVP yourself, even if coming as a volunteer worker, so she can adequately prepare food enough for elders AND workers).
* Help with: tables + chairs (Weds night before), table-setting, food-service and food-preparation, table-waiting, clean-up: tables + chairs, dishwashing, sweeping/vacuuming, removing rubbish to trash-bin outside; helping elders who may need assistance to their cars; valet their vehicles, whatever is necessary :-)
Contact Pastor Troy & Teresa Self